Employee Learning Week 2018 will be held December 3-7.
How can you celebrate Employee Learning Week?
- Encourage employees to attend a course or program that will enhance their skills.
- Hold an education fair or "lunch and learn" during the week to remind employees about training opportunities.
- Send an email to employees each day of the week with a new learning tip.
- Involve the CEO and senior executives in recognizing the value learning brings to the organization.
- Submit a proclamation request to government officials within your community, city, or region to highlight your Employee Learning Week events and activities.
Tips and Ideas
- Work with members of the chapter to pilot a PR campaign targeted to business leaders and learning professionals in your community.
- Institute an employee development recognition event for individuals and departments in your organization.
- Introduce new learning opportunities during Employee Learning Week.
- Work with government officials to pass a proclamation recognizing Employee Learning Week.
- Communicate learning and development tips to your workforce each day of the week.
- Host a press briefing with the local media.
- Host a program with a local university or community college.
- Help employees create individual development plans to increase and enhance their skills.
- Submit an article about your company’s learning efforts to a local newspaper.
WHAT IS EMPLOYEE LEARNING WEEK?
Employee Learning Week is an awareness campaign highlighting the important connection between learning and achieving organizational results.
WHEN IS IT?
Employee Learning Week typically takes place the first week of December. But, employee learning is a year round event!
WHERE IS IT?
Employee Learning Week events can happen anywhere! Hold events in your office or plan a special off-site program.
Training is more important now than ever before. The growing skills gap and increased need to compete in today's economy require organizations to develop a knowledgeable and highly skilled workforce.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
All organizations are encouraged to recognize Employee Learning Week by rededicating themselves to employee learning.
The Governor of Georgia proclaims Employee Learning Week.
The Governor of Tennessee proclaims Employee Learning Week.