The HR Talent Engine: How Many Cylinders Are You Running On?
SHRM & ATD Joint Partnership
Presented by: Robert Bateman
Strategic Talent Solutions, LLC
Note Date CHANGE: Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Time: 11:30AM - 1:00PM
Location: The Chattanoogan | 1201 Broad St | Chattanooga, TN 37402
The HR Talent Engine. This highly interactive session will center on table group discussion and the identification of concrete ideas to enhance HR’s ability to deliver “Talent OnDemand” to meet the strategic business objectives of the enterprise.
Using the analogy of a NASCAR “muscle car”, current and emerging concepts on how HR can best deliver talent power and agility to the organization will be introduced as a Talent Engine. Similar to mechanics “dialing in” a racecar to meet racetrack requirements, and the dynamics of winning a race, table groups will discuss their own situations and improvement opportunities in comparison to a “Talent Engine Running On All Cylinders”. Participants will identify specific tips and techniques to “tune their talent engine” according to the strategic needs of the organization they serve.
The focal point of our discussion is an integrated model for the HR department to deliver AGILE ™ Talent Management for improved strategic impact. Table groups will explore this model from two perspectives within HR: Talent Development roles (typical core members of ATD) and HR Operations (typical core members of SHRM- HRBP, TA, Total Rewards, etc). As Chief Mechanics, the dual perspectives will apply this model to current and emerging business and talent trends, mainstream feedback and concerns business leaders express about HR effectiveness, and techniques to dramatically increase alignment within HR that result in a more powerful talent engine.
Participants will leave this session with an enhanced appreciation for integrated talent management practices, and concrete ideas for increasing the HR Talent Engine in their organization beginning the very next day. Importantly, personal application of the session will derive from a balance of: a practical review of best practice and emerging Talent concepts, comparing their own real world situations within table group discussion, and reviewing concrete actions they can select and customize for improving HR impact.
- Understand “Talent OnDemand” as a concept and method to customize HR thought leadership, best practices, and strategy for application in a specific organization.
- Define the “HR Talent Engine” as a strategic business necessity in the new “Era of Talent and Organization Agility”. Apply this concept as an aspirational vision for HR effectiveness and strategic partnership within any organization.
- Leverage an Integrated Talent Management model as a diagnostic to contrast participant’s individual situations to an HR Talent Engine running on all cylinders….leading to individual plans for improving HR impact in their organization.
- Determine how and why HR organizations are more effective when there is a high level of integration and collaboration across key functions and practices.
- Personally identify 3-5 actions to improve HR integration that leads to improved strategic impact from the individual’s area of HR and HR as a whole.
$20.00 Member Registration
$30.00 after 12:00 am June 3
$30.00 Guests Registration
$40.00 after 12:00 am June 3